- This event has passed.
Advertising Cosmetics in Canada
April 27, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
One of our most popular Interactive Training Sessions. Learn about Ad Standards role as the advertising industry’s self-regulating body, and what Ad Standards can do for you! Great refresher and good information for those new to the industry.
Presented by Ad Standards and hosted by Cosmetics Alliance.
April 27, 2022 – 1:00 – 2:30 pm (EDT)
Learn and Understand:
- Ad Standards’ role in advertising self-regulation
- Understanding of Ad Standards’ role and its relation to Health Canada
- How to navigate the Guidelines for the Nonprescription and Cosmetic Industry Regarding Non-therapeutic Advertising and Labelling Claims
- What this guidance document is and what it is not
- How to create compliant advertising messages
- Common advertising pain points
This session will include examples, a quiz and a Q&A session.
Training Certificates are issued for your records to each individual successfully completing the quiz.
Individual logins are required for each participant to obtain a training certificate.
About the Trainers
Director, Clearance Services
Ruta has been with Ad Standards since 2003 as part of the team that reviews consumer-directed cosmetic and health product messages for compliance with applicable Canadian legislation, regulations and guidelines. She currently leads the Cosmetics and Health Products preclearance sections and is a licensed pharmacist and graduate of the Pharmacy program (BSc. Pharm) at the University of Toronto.
Senior Analyst, Clearance Services
Sandra, a Registered Dietician, holds a Master of Science degree in Nutrition Communications from Ryerson University. Before joining ASC, she conducted quality assurance audits of food preparation facilities and interned at Nestlé Canada Inc. Sandra is fully bilingual and reviews cosmetics, non-prescription drug, natural health product and food advertising.