We are hiring a QA/QC MANAGER!
Orchard Custom Beauty is looking for a QA/QC Manager. Be our in-house expert who will ensure the quality of products delivered to customers meet their expectations.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a resourceful and knowledgeable expert, who appreciates quality in every product. With your superior problem solving skills, you excel at managing quality-related issues with ease. You love working in a team. You are self-motivated, who thrives in a fast-paced environment that requires constant collaboration and clear communication. You look forward to continuing to grow and learn on the job and you love to share your knowledge and experience with others. Never one to say “that’s not my job,” you are happy to roll up your sleeves and help out when needed.
At Orchard, you will:
· Monitor/sign off on specifications sent to suppliers, ensuring the maximum possible technical information is included.
· Prepare and provide product specifications for major clients where product is their Private Brand.
· Communicate with clients and suppliers on all aspects of testing, identify items that need testing, arrange testing and analyze reports.
· Develop and conduct process of evaluation of samples (pre-production and production) buyers and marketing.
· Initiate inspection at factories, providing relevant information and criteria to inspectors, analyze reports, communicate with clients, as needed.
· Monitor inspection of all incoming shipments. Advice relevant departments of defects reported and implement solutions.
· Monitor quality control when assembly projects are being produced. Set quality standards, monitor defect levels, implement repairs as needed.
· Provide training to staff on processes relating to Quality.
· Attend Management and Sales meetings, represent quality perspective.
· Working with Product Development and Creative departments, evaluate quality levels of prospective suppliers.
· Conduct testing of new products, both in-house and at associate laboratory, evaluate results, and prepare reports.
· Advise on requirements of all relevant Acts and Regulations, sign off on artwork of labels and hangtags.
· Act as consultant to all staff on issues regarding product quality.
If you have a Degree in Chemistry, or a related field of study, coupled with 3-5 years of Quality experience, then we want to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate will have: knowledge of Canada’s Food and Drug Act (including the Cosmetic regulation), understanding of the Cosmetic Labeling requirements in Canada and US as well as have familiarity with Canadian Hazardous Products Act. Understanding of cosmetics in the North American & EU markets is an asset.
WHO WE ARE
Orchard International is a globally respected supplier and developer of custom beauty products and accessories. We operate our business and live by our core values: we put the client first, we have that personal touch, we’re always innovating, we’re never complacent, we’re resourceful, we know it takes a village, we do more with less, we’re entrepreneurial, we look to the future, we don’t take ourselves too seriously, we believe relationships are everything.
Orchard is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. Upon request, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Orchard is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.