DECIEM - The Abnormal Beauty Company
What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands. We’re founded on the principle of doing everything others don’t do and we are changing the world of beauty based on this principle. We have more than 10 brands in the beauty world and operate a growing portfolio of more than 300 products in more than 15 markets. We are growing very rapidly and want to do things no one has ever done before. We have been called every good and bad thing you can imagine like “The Hottest Beauty Company Right Now”, “The Most Thrilling Thing to Happen in Skincare” and “Canada’s Next MAC Cosmetics”.
Ranked in Linkedln’s Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
What are we looking for?
We are growing very rapidly and are currently seeking a Sourcing Manager to join the existing team.
What would you be doing?
- Responsible for developing sourcing strategies, executing on sourcing initiatives and managing sourcing activities, including new product development project
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance & Quality Control, Production, Research and Development, Design, Sustainability as well as suppliers to ensure the alignment of goals and expectations
- Identify all materials and components required for each new project integration, define planning requirements and lead times. Identify options to accelerate parts procurement with current vendors, or if needed with alternative vendors
- Establish alternative sources for critical items, while maintaining form, function, specifications, and cost
- Leverage market intelligence and analyze to identify opportunities and risks, including but not limited to spend analysis, commodity pricing forecasts, contract coverage analysis, etc.
- Work alongside the Supply Chain Management and the Project Manager to ensure critical dates and issues are understood and met in accordance with resource planning and project milestones
- Negotiate and manage pricing agreements and ensures all related terms and conditions of purchase are appropriate
- Manage contract negotiations and maintain database of all documentation required by Research and Development, Design, Quality Assurance & Quality Control, Regulatory and Procurement
- Lead and support Sustainability initiatives
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and maintain resources needed to provide an effective supply chain
- Develop and manage contingency plans and pro-actively investigates options to keep the project timelines
- Coordinate and manage expectations in coordination with the Procurement team on how to support projects and deadlines
- Represent the supply chain requirements in the new product development projects, to achieve the best possible design for the supply chain and to avoid as much supply chain issues when the design goes in production
- Provide update reports to management along with risk and issue analysis and resolution
- Maintain broad knowledge of worldwide market trends on assigned commodities
- Ensure standards for quality and health and safety are met
- Assist in maintaining warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- University Degree or relevant College Diploma is required
- 5 + years of project management, sourcing, procurement, material planning and/or combination of these and related fields is required
- 2 + years of leadership or managerial experiences is required
- Experience with executing New Product Development projects and sustainability Is preferred
- In depth understanding of Project Management Is required
- Familiarity with material procurement in a lean manufacturing environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to navigate between several modules and/or programs
- Effective time management and communication skills
Still interested?… What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume at email@example.com , we really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interview.
And about the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.